Clean Rivers Trust.
Minutes of the Trustees Meeting 1st December 2016.
Present: Rodney Gilmour, Paul Southby, Lawrence Brooks and Harvey Wood.
Apologies: Peter Jones, Keith Gregson and Melody Stokes. Marco Salvalaggio also invited.
Rodney suggested the use of Skype, video conference or phone link for those unable to attend a meeting. Paul confirmed that this is possible at Geldards.
The minutes otherwise were accepted and noted to have been too long ago!
Reports on Waingroves various issues were made.
- Woodland, British Coal pipeline.
- Bottle Brook catchment issues, A Winning minewater treatment, Lower Derwent Catchment.
- Tidy Britain Group links and issues
- Nottingham Universities links and salt marsh research.
Blue Carbon/Wet Carbon – Tame Valley.
- Development of the concept of carbon sequestration in the Tame Valley
- Contacts with stakeholders.
- The Trust is now registered to work with this company
- Meeting noted for 2nd
- Coal Authority and Northumbria was discussed.
Red Media – Round up of activity, Trust will set up account of work carried out. (HW)
Severn Trent – The Trust is meeting with ST on a number of issues.
Accounts and Annual Report
Passed and signed off for the Charity Commission.
Thanks again to Melody for putting all the policies together.
Fund Raising – needs greater activity.
New Trustees – all involved to consider options with any suitable candidates to be invited to the next or future Trustees Meeting.
Dates of next meetings
30th March, 29th June, 25th September and 7th December all at Paul’s offices in Nottingham at 10.30.